7.07.2009

Go Local Meal Challenge


I saw this Go Local Meal challenge on a local Portlander's blog awhile back and I've been meaning to jump on board. Now that the summer is halfway over I'm finally thinking I'll get around to it.


Basically, it's a challenge to prepare a totally local meal at least once a week. At first I thought, well that's easy, but the more I thought about what we eat I realized that even when the bulk of our meal is locally grown there is usually some random store bought highly processed addition for the sake of time/convenience/or the hope that the picky eaters will at least eat some aspect of their dinner.


Check out this blog post to find out more about the challenge and to take part in it yourself. You'll find out all the details, you know: Who, What, Where, When.....


and my favorite Why...

To inspire and be inspired to eat healthy, local foods. It's good for you. It's good for the environment. It's good for the economy.


Hopefully in the next day or two I'll get our own Go Local Meal posted!

No comments: