10.16.2009

Team Chase

This Sunday, October 18th, there will be a fundraising walk to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. It will be held in Eugene at Alton Baker Park from 1-3pm. This event is a part of a much larger movement of thousands of people who will walk nationwide this fall to support AFSP's 2009 Out of the Darkness Community Walks. Any support that you can give for this cause will be appreciated by many, whether it be prayer, presence at an event, or financial giving.

The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is at the forefront of research, education and prevention initiatives designed to reduce loss of life from suicide. With more than 32,000 lives lost each year in the U.S. and over one million worldwide, the importance of AFSP's mission has never been greater, nor their work more urgent.

My family and I will hopefully be able to make it down to Eugene to support Team Chase and if this is a cause that is on your heart I hope that you are able to be involved in some way as well. It is an event not widely advertised in the community though many more families are affected by it then most people realize. Thank you for your prayers and support.

To find an event in your area, click here.
To donate securely online, click here.

*All donations are 100% tax deductible.*

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Wow, that picture caught me a little by surprise when I checked your blog. I got that email about Team Chase this week too - I wish I could be there to participate. I'm glad you're going!