2.23.2011

Chickens


So I realized chickens don't care for the flash on my camera. Can't you tell?

Unfortunately you can't get a decent picture without a flash because of their heat lamp and the fact that they don't hold still for half a second.

Jeremy asked me to please stop harassing the chickens, so I did the best I could to get a quick picture of each one. It's insane how much they've changed in one week. They have more than doubled in size and their feathers have changed dramatically in texture and color.

I linked up the breed of each one below it so you can see what they will look like when they are all grown up.



 
The newest arrival (today!) Eleanor - Speckled Sussex 


Blackie - Barred Rock

Hoot - Ameracauna (we've had 2 of this variety turn out to be roosters in the past so we're crossing our fingers on this one)

Princess McKenna - Buff Orpington

Strawberry - Rhode Island Red

1 comment:

Julia said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I want some so bad!