8.11.2008

Six Random Things

My friend Michele at Frugal Granola, tagged me! I am supposed to share six random things about myself and then tag six people to do the same. So here goes.....

1. I used to be a part of a Ukrainian Dance Group. I started when I was 9 and danced until after high school. A few close friends and I even danced at our group's annual Ukrainian Day Festival in Springfield just two years ago, which was much more difficult now that we all have our own children! I would love to get the kids involved in something like it, and no I'm not Ukrainian.

2. While in college at the UofO I worked in the office at the campus recycling center, which was very fun and very educational. The staff I worked with are still great friends whom I always try to visit when I am in Eugene.

3. I used to want six kids, then I wanted four, but I guess now we're going to stop at three. My husband thinks we might go crazy if we have any more, but I think I might be able to talk him into adoption someday down the road...

4. I want to try and homeschool my kids. I think it could be one of the most rewarding and fascinating learning experiences for both my children and myself.

5. I love to run. I used to run cross country and track and did lots of road races. Since having kids I can't seem to get back into it, but it is something that I really hope to get back into someday soon. My husband has taken up running and is doing so well with it and loving it so much that I have to admit I am kind of jealous. His initial motivation was to turn an ordinary part of his life (working out) into something that could bring good to others, he's got a great blog that explains it a little more.

6. I used to think I was a great cook, until I had to feed my family. Then I realized I am a great baker, but not a good cook. Cookies, brownies, cakes, breads, these are things I can do. Actual meals encompassing the five food groups, well let's just say I'm learning in that department.

The six people I am tagging are :

Wendy at Vonderhaus Life
Michelle at My Life With the Fab Five
Erin at and a sewing machine
Jeremy at this doesn't have to be meaningful does it?
Emily at Organized Chaos
Karen at Karen Elaine PDX

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a great cook! You made a yummy brunch for us awhile back. :) (But maybe you baked it all?) :)

Wow, I didn't know you did Ukranian Dance. That is so neat! :)

Hope everything is going well with the moving!
Blessings,
Michele
(Ps- just one "L") :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty much everything that day was baked or cooked by Jeremy!

Sorry about the spelling, you'd think I would have realized it looking at your blog almost every day... but I fixed it!

Talk to you soon I hope!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe! :) You sure fooled us! :)

Yes, let's get together soon!
Michele :)

Anonymous said...

i'm also an excellent baker and working on the 5 foodgroups aspect of Baking for Toddlers! thanks for stopping by my blog.. i love yours! and ukranian dance sounds like a lot of fun.. i went on a mission trip to romania once and we learned a dance that made my legs want to fall off but was so much fun!