My friend Michele at Frugal Granola, tagged me! I am supposed to share six random things about myself and then tag six people to do the same. So here goes.....
1. I used to be a part of a Ukrainian Dance Group. I started when I was 9 and danced until after high school. A few close friends and I even danced at our group's annual Ukrainian Day Festival in Springfield just two years ago, which was much more difficult now that we all have our own children! I would love to get the kids involved in something like it, and no I'm not Ukrainian.
2. While in college at the UofO I worked in the office at the campus recycling center, which was very fun and very educational. The staff I worked with are still great friends whom I always try to visit when I am in Eugene.
3. I used to want six kids, then I wanted four, but I guess now we're going to stop at three. My husband thinks we might go crazy if we have any more, but I think I might be able to talk him into adoption someday down the road...
4. I want to try and homeschool my kids. I think it could be one of the most rewarding and fascinating learning experiences for both my children and myself.
5. I love to run. I used to run cross country and track and did lots of road races. Since having kids I can't seem to get back into it, but it is something that I really hope to get back into someday soon. My husband has taken up running and is doing so well with it and loving it so much that I have to admit I am kind of jealous. His initial motivation was to turn an ordinary part of his life (working out) into something that could bring good to others, he's got a great blog that explains it a little more.
6. I used to think I was a great cook, until I had to feed my family. Then I realized I am a great baker, but not a good cook. Cookies, brownies, cakes, breads, these are things I can do. Actual meals encompassing the five food groups, well let's just say I'm learning in that department.
The six people I am tagging are :
Wendy at Vonderhaus Life
Michelle at My Life With the Fab Five
Erin at and a sewing machine
Jeremy at this doesn't have to be meaningful does it?
Emily at Organized Chaos
Karen at Karen Elaine PDX