10.27.2010


It's that time of year for roasting pumpkin seeds. In my opinion it is not the time of year for snow.....but apparently here in Utah it is. So while the kids played in the snow this morning I finally got around to roasting our pumpkin seeds from Monday's carvings. After a few minutes of rummaging through the spice cupboard and coming out with nothing but garlic salt I decided to turn to the fridge. The large bag of limes that we bought at Costco last week was just begging to be opened, so........ a squeeze of the limes and a shake of the garlic and we were munching away on Garlic Lime Pumpkin Seeds.


Clean your pumpkin seeds, removing as much pulp as possible and rinse thoroughly. Dry well.

In a bowl toss the pumpkin seeds with the juice of 1-2 limes and as much garlic salt as you like.

Spread in a shallow baking pan and place in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.

When the timer rings stir the seeds and taste. Sprinkle with additional garlic as desired and add 5-10 more minutes depending on doneness. When the seeds are just about ready turn the oven off and leave the seeds in and allow them to continue to crisp while the oven cools.

**My pan was a bit over filled, so adjust the time based on the amount of seeds in your pan.**

3 comments:

Sarah said...

dude. nice picture.

emily* said...

Thanks! I've been putting lots of effort into pictures lately. :) It's a rare day that they turn out good though.

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Yum! We just finished off a batch of roasted seeds, so I'll have to bake up some more soon. I'd love to try your recipe for a fun change!

I just browsed through your blog to catch up. I'm so excited for you guys! :) Would you send me your new address?

Love,
Michele